Test Mastery: Test-Taking Skills for the ACT
Our tutors are experts at preparing students for standardized tests. By the time students complete the tutoring program, they are able to use dozens of powerful strategies for eliminating answer choices, effectively guessing on challenging questions, and really understanding the ACT's questioning methods.
During tutoring, students learn:
- Answer elimination strategies.
- Effective guessing strategies (more precise than the "just pick C" method).
- How to choose the right answer, even if they’re unsure.
- How to take the test.
- How to use the process of elimination quickly and accurately.
- How to carefully read the questions and answer choices. .
- How to avoid careless errors.
- And dozens of subject-specific test-taking strategies and tips.
Practice Makes Permanent
Just because a student is exposed to a test-taking strategy doesn't mean that he or she will be able to use it consistently. At MasteryPrep, our mantra is "practice makes permanent." Your child’s tutor will not only teach powerful test-taking strategies that can boost scores, but the tutor will also help your child practice those strategies until they become second-nature.
In each session, students improve their test-taking skills while also learning essential ACT time management strategies and specific ACT English, math, reading, and science tips. Click on a topic to learn more.