MasteryKeys is the only resource specifically designed to prepare students to earn a Silver National Career Readiness Certificate™ (NCRC), which signifies a proficiency in the work skills necessary for 69% of the jobs in the ACT® WorkKeys database. These workbooks will help your students score a Level 4 or higher on each of the ACT WorkKeys NCRC assessments. Our MasteryKeys Applied Mathematics, Locating Information, and Reading for Information workbooks each focus on their respective WorkKeys assessment and provide the foundational knowledge and practice that students need to be successful. Thousands of practice items—along with step-by-step lessons, full-length practice tests, and in-depth test-taking techniques—prepare students both academically and mentally to exceed expectations on test day.
The MasteryKeys Applied Mathematics workbook focuses on the students’ ability to solve problems, think critically, and calculate workplace mathematics. Lessons and practice questions involve setting up and solving a variety of problems and performing the types of calculations that occur in an actual workplace. Students will expand their knowledge and learn more about:
- the four basic operations—addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division— and when to use them.
- converting numbers between fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- solving problems that deal with negative numbers, money, and time.
- ways to apply the four operations by calculating averages, rates, ratios, and conversions.
- test-taking tips.
Students will learn to decipher and analyze a variety of visual depictions that are likely to arise in a real-life work setting. Hundreds of practice questions improve the students’ ability to comprehend a wide range of real-world figures and graphics. The Masterykeys Locating Information workbook will help in concrete ways. Students will:
- learn how to read and fill out forms.
- practice reading maps, plans, tables, graphs, and diagrams.
- improve their ability to locate and use information.
- practice the different ways information can be presented.
Reading for Information
The MasteryKeys Reading for Information workbook will help students improve their ability to read and understand written text from actual work situations. Lessons and practice questions involve reading and comprehending letters, emails, instructions, memos, notices, policies, and regulations. Students will learn:
- to pay attention to important details.
- how to follow step-by-step instructions.
- the importance of persistence and good detective work.
- how to identify situations and then apply the appropriate rules.
- how to filter a problem when dealing with too much information.
- ways to decipher unfamiliar words.